All About the Women's Boyshorts
Boy shorts are a style of women's boxer underwear that resembles men's boxer shorts. They are typically cut low on the hips and have more ample coverage on the buttocks than other styles of women's underwear, such as thongs or bikini-cut underwear. They often have a snug, close fit and can be made from a variety of fabrics, including cotton, lace, and satin. Some boy shorts also include a waistband that sits at or just below the navel. They are often considered more comfortable and practical than other styles, and they are popular for everyday wear and for active activities such as dancing or sports.
Why are Women's underwear boy shorts called boy shorts?
"Boy shorts" is a term used to describe a type of women's underwear that resembles men's briefs. They are typically worn as low-rise pants with a full coverage design in the back, sitting at or below the hips. The name "boy shorts" comes from the fact that the underwear is designed to resemble men's briefs, or "boy's shorts," in both style and coverage. They typically have a masculine appearance but are made for women to wear and are typically made with softer and more stretchable materials. The term "boyshorts" became popular in the early 2000s as the latest lingerie trend among women.
Women's boy shorts can be worn as Activewear
women's boy shorts underwear that resembles men's boxer shorts. They are typically shorter in length and have a more fitted design than traditional women's underwear. Some women may choose to wear boy shorts as activewear, as they offer more coverage and support than traditional underwear and can be worn comfortably during physical activity. Boy shorts can also be made from moisture-wicking materials, which can help to keep the wearer dry during intense exercise. However, it's important to note that there are also specialized activewear shorts for women specifically designed for athletic activities that may feature different cuts and materials that are better suited for those activities.
Why Boyshots for women?
Boyshorts, also known as "boyshort pants," are a type of women's underwear that are similar in shape to men's shorts. They have a low-rise waistband and offer complete coverage of the buttocks and hips. They can be worn under a variety of different types of clothing and are popular as a comfortable and versatile alternative to thongs or traditional briefs.
Some popular occasions to wear boyshorts are:
- every day as a comfortable and versatile option.
- under-fitted clothing to prevent visible panty lines.
- during physical activity, for additional coverage and support.
Ultimately, the decision to wear boyshorts or any type of underwear comes down to personal preference and comfort.
Boy shorts for women are typically made from a combination of spandex, nylon, and cotton. The fabric is stretchy and form-fitting, allowing for a comfortable and secure fit. It is also lightweight and breathable, making it suitable for daily wear. Some boy shorts may also have a lace or mesh overlay for a more feminine look.
To make women's boy short underwear, you will need the following materials:
- Fabric (cotton, cotton-spandex blend, or other stretchy fabric)
- Elastic (1/4 inch or 3/8 inch)
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Boy short pattern or a pair of existing boy shorts to use as a guide
- Using the pattern or a pair of boy shorts as a template, cut out the cloth pieces.
- After stretching it just a little as you stitch it in place, fold the waistband elastic in half and pin it to the top of the back piece.
- Right sides facing one another, sew the front and back pieces together.
- Leave a tiny gap to turn the shorts inside out before sewing the crotch and side seams.
- Close the opening by turning the shorts inside out and sewing.
Note: This is a basic instruction, you can add your own personal touch like adding lace, embroidery, or any other embellishments to make it more interesting.